Friday, July 21, 2017

Happy Half-Birthday, Rachel!

July 5, 2017
We do celebrations around our house! Big and small events, we celebrate them all! So when half birthdays roll around, we remember and celebrate those too. Because as Rachel told me on the day she turned 8.5 years old, "This is great, Mom! Now I don't have to be just plain 8 anymore. Now I can say I am 8 and a half"
 Can't argue with that logic! Well, I remember...    I even remember saying I was 9 and 3/4 because I couldn't wait to turn 10! But all I could think in that moment now that I am the Mom myself was "But wait, in 6 months you will be 9 and my firstborn will be entering the last year of single digits in her life!! How is that possible?!"
Our girl wants to grow bigger and time to move a little faster and her mom wants time to slow down a bit because she is growing so fast already! Then I feel the Lord remind me that He makes each day and sends every event at exactly the time she (and I) need it and every speck of time is firmly and continually in His control!
So, Happy 8.5, Rachel B! We are thankful for each one of those days with you♡

"So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom"~ Psalm 90:12



No comments:

Post a Comment