Thursday, July 20, 2017

Bekah ' s First Lost Tooth!

June 13, 2017
Bekah was my baby who got her first tooth first: 6 months old to the day! So as she turned 5, we watched and waited and no loose tooth. Around the beginning of June, we began to notice a little wiggle. Sure enough, it was the little bottom front baby tooth that was her very first tooth to come in. She wiggled it some, but didn't seem in any real hurry for it to come out.

However, June 13th was a different story. She came to me wiggling that tooth and I told her she could pull it if she felt ready or I could help her. She wiggled around a minute or so more and then in her palm, was that little tiny tooth. We were on the phone with Kay Kay, talking about Kay Kay's upcoming wedding and Bekah let out a shriek that, I think, could have been heard in Virginia after she pulled that tooth herself! It was so much fun to watch her be so brave! Rachel was with Brent the afternoon she pulled her first tooth so it was so neat to see Bekah pull her first tooth and I got to video her. However, I still have not had to pull a tooth yet!! Rachel has pulled every single tooth she has lost by herself and now, Bekah has pulled her first tooth on her own too!
We started a tradition that as each girl loses her first tooth she may choose one small surprise, on her own, as a treat for losing that first tooth. Bekah is my sentimental, memory - making girl. We searched a little and she settled upon a tooth keeper box for this special tooth and all the future teeth she will lose. I thought she made a great choice!
So she has placed the little tooth inside and has her box all ready for the next tooth she loses!

No comments:

Post a Comment