Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Date Night

 Earlier this week, Kaitlin offered to keep the girls so Brent and I could go on Date Night for January. I didn't tell them until just before we went, so they would be surprised. They were definitely excited to go see Kay Kay, Mrs. Debbie and Mr. Tom for a visit. Rachel wanted to get a picture with us before we left to go eat.
We headed to eat at Foothill Mama's, where we always share the BBQ plate. I left the camera with Kay Kay, who got pictures of all the fun for me.

 They played "Buggies" as they call this game and had some relaxing time too.
 Rachel and Mrs. Debbie took turns reading books also.
 
I know our kids say funny things and Rachel and Bekah both had something funny for me on this day.
Rachel: "Mom, what will you and Dad go do on your date"
Me: " I think we will go get something to eat"
Rachel (very seriously): "Mom, it is going to be Very quiet when you and Dad are sitting there by yourselves
Me: Yes, Rachel, I am sure it will be!!

It was very quiet compared to our usual meals, but Brent and I had a great time talking to each other, planning for the spring and of course, talking about the girls a bit too.

Bekah's one liner was quite funny too! We had given all the girls hugs and said we would be back soon. We turned to go out the door at the Dorey's house and Bekah yells out "They are going on a field trip"
SO funny!

Thanks Dorey Family for taking such good care of our girls and giving their parents a much enjoyed Date Night. The girls had a great time,as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment