Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dentist Day

 I wasn't planning to post about our 6 month dental checkups but two things happened that were so cute that I decided I would. Last Tuesday, I got the phone call reminder that we had dental checkups the next afternoon (good thing too because I had completely forgotten!). I told Rachel, who goes running into the next room to tell Bekah "Hey Bekah, we have to go to the dentist tomorrow." To which Bekah comes running back into the next room to me saying "Mommy, will you sit in the (dentist) chair with me?"
We arrive at the dentist the next afternoon and they call us back and ask who wants to go first. Yep...Rachel stands up and says "I will go first." Then I said "Do you want Mommy or Daddy to go back with you? She replies "No, Mommy, I am fine" and off she goes (They did leave the door open so we could see her).  She enjoyed every minute of getting her teeth cleaned as usual and again no cavities! Maybe she is going to take after her Aunt Brittany and go into dentistry!
 So Rachel finishes and we decide Bekah will go next. I am getting Bethany settled with Brent so I can go back with Bekah and I hear "I will sit with you, Bekah." Sure enough, I make it into the cleaning area and this is what I find: Little sister sitting on Big sister's lap. I sat in the chair nearby and this is how Bekah got her teeth cleaned!!
I love this picture where you can see both of their little heads. Bekah actually opened her mouth to get her teeth brushed, and not just counted this time, with Rachel's encouragement too. Again no cavities!
Though there are times they may fuss or disagree, we are so blessed by how much these sisters love and help each other. I was so proud of Rachel for helping Bekah like she did and proud of Bekah for being brave and letting Rachel show her everything would be fine. I pray they all three will continue to always be each other's best friends and encourage each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment