Friday, June 19, 2020

April 21-Happy Easter 2019

One week and one day after Allie's 2nd birthday and party, we also celebrated Easter in the hospital too! This required some creative planning also. My family has had a large Easter egg hunt and family reunion every year since my grandmother was small. It was begun by my great-grandmother and it has grown over the past 80 years or so. Usually our family would be spending Easter Sunday there, but not this year, with Little Man and I now in the hospital. 
I knew the girls would be looking forward to hunting Easter eggs because that is one of our yearly traditions. But where do you hunt Easter eggs at a hospital? I was not allowed to go downstairs or off the wing of the hospital I was on without being pushed in a wheelchair, so as Brent took me on our (usually) evening wheelchair rides, I began to look for an egg hunting spot. Tucked back out of sight, was a little garden area with pathways just outside the NICU that gave them the chance to find a few eggs that Brent hid while I watched them hunt. I thought it was interesting that we ended up in this little garden area near where Little Man will spend his first few weeks of life in the NICU.
Miss Allie loved her first egg hunt this year. Last year, she was not quite 1 and while interested in watching all the fun, she was not quite old enough to really join in. Not so this year, she was ready to find some eggs and so joyful in doing it too! Of course, I forgot to have someone bring their egg baskets to the hospital, so ziploc bags held those eggs just fine!

  We did a small craft in my room and spent some time together too. I decided to do something a little different for their Easter baskets this year-Easter umbrellas! I love the way they turned out and that they could use the umbrella on and on instead of a basket. They were very surprised and loved them too!
 Bekah was reading to her Dad in "his" chair in my hospital room
 While this Easter looked different than we planned, we were thankful to be able to be together with the girls. Most of all, we are thankful for Jesus, who lived and died a perfect life for us that we might be forgiven and made right with God through Him and that His plans and ways for us are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment