Tuesday, June 16, 2020

30 Weeks with Little Buddy: A Trip to the Hospital~April 3, 2019

On Wednesday morning April 3, I got up early and headed to the dentist office to get a broken tooth fixed. After I came home, I was definitely tired but went about my day. The rest of the day went on and we had supper after Brent got home from work. Just before 9, I was getting the girls in bed, when I became concerned that maybe my water had broken. Keep in mind, I was only 29 weeks and 6 days along- this was a very not good possibility. Nana came to spend the night and we headed down the very dark, quiet interstate to Wimington and the hospital for us to be checked.

Here I was at 24 weeks and below at 28 weeks. This picture taken in Charleston was one of the only maternity pictures I will ever have with Little Man and was taken just 6 days before we ended up in the hospital.


I was kept in Labor and Delivery overnight because I was having sporadic contractions and they were concerned I might deliver right away. I also had to receive steroid shots for his lungs and neuro magnesium for his brain development in case he did deliver right then. It was a very nerve wracking several hours. I was also not able to eat in case he came right away. I tell you i couldn't believe it when the doctor on call looked at me and said, "yes, your water broke and you are here at the hospital with us until you deliver." I was speechless.
Very quickly with the grandparents' help, we got a weekly plan in place for everyone and we settled in to wait and see when Little Man would decide to arrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment