Monday, June 22, 2015

The REAL Paint Party



 We have been spending several days over the past few weeks at our home in Colonial Heights trying to get some required painting done inside. Lord willing, the house will be going on the market in early July. Please continue to pray.
While Brent and I have painted and Bethany has taken her morning or afternoon nap, I have had several arts and crafts projects for the big girls. They love to paint with their Crayola kids paints and had been asking to paint at home for a few days. We had to have the carpet in the Colonial Heights house replaced upstairs, so I thought I will let them paint with their paints while Brent and I paint the house. My thought was "it won't even matter if they get it on the carpet since the carpet is going to be replaced the end of the week anyway.

Here are their masterpieces that made it on paper. As they were painting, it didn't take very long before I heard "Mmmoommm, I got paint on the carpet!" What a relief to be able to reply "That's ok, honey. Remember they will be replacing the carpet later this week"
Brent was listening to this whole conversation as he painted (remember I said their Daddy makes sure they have lots of fun...). He replies, "Why don't you just let them paint the carpet since it is going to be taken up anyway?" Why not, indeed?

 This was as much of the carpet as I could get in the picture with my camera lens, but the rest of the room looked pretty much like this too.
 We even got some carpet handprints. This was actually Bethany's first ever handprint with paint. Usually, I use her foot if we are doing hand or footprint art because she closes her hand up and makes a fist. This time she let me paint her hand too.
 


 Here are some of the carpet masterpieces!
 I love handprint art. So we even got a set of family handprints too. I left a note for the carpet installers asking them if they didn't mind if they would please cut out the area with our handprints (bet they have never had that request before!) for me to save. They left most of the painted area for me and Brent cut out our handprints in a small rug. So I have a little piece of our house there as a remembrance.
What painting fun these girls had with this Paint Party. It was definitely memorable. I told them this might be the only time in their lives that they get to paint the carpet. Now the new carpet has been placed in the Colonial Heights house and there will be no more paint anywhere near the carpet!!
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment