Saturday, December 29, 2018

Welcome, Little Pumpkin


 The very last day of September, I woke up feeling sick. That continued for most of the day and by the evening, Brent asked if I thought I could be expecting. Immediately, I said nope, no way and the day went on. After a few more days of feeling yuck, we found out indeed I was pregnant! We were very shocked! Jesus had other plans for our family of six, that He was now making a family of seven! On the last week of October, we got to see this little person for the first time.  Every one of our babies has a nickname until they arrive because we dont tell his or her name until their birth, and since we found out in the late fall, Little Pumpkin became this new baby's nickname!

 About 2 weeks later, the doctors wanted to check on baby again, so we got to see how much he or she had grown in a couple of weeks. I love this picture of Allie. She's trying really hard to figure out what is in these pictures!
The doctors also did some checking and said we could hear from any tests in a couple of weeks because of Thanksgiving and we could find out then if I was carrying a boy or girl. So we waited patiently for the first 2 weeks and a little more (im)patiently for the next week as they got all the results back. Suddenly, on Tuesday morning December 4th, I got a call that all so far looked good with baby and that we were going to have a baby BOY!! The big sisters were ecstatic! They had been team boy all along this time. I called Brent who was traveling for work and I am certain he didn't think he had heard me right at first. I think he is still trying to take the news in now! So this is what we sent out to the family that day.
 About 2 weeks later, we made our Christmas announcement.  We thank Jesus for this surprise and exciting blessing to our family! Little Brother is so loved by his sisters already and prayed for and looked forward to by Mommy and Daddy. So now we wait and prepare and anticipate meeting him to June!

No comments:

Post a Comment