Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Giving Thanks

I have seen several friends on Facebook who are doing a November challenge to post each day in November something they are thankful for. Since Brent and I share a facebook page, it could look a little interesting when I put a post being thankful for him! Besides, I am sure he would tease me about filling up his facebook page with 30 posts in November. So I decided I would keep on ongoing list for myself here on the blog.
November 1: I am thankful for Jesus and His Grace in saving me. I am thankful that my salvation is not something I can or ever will be able to earn and that He loved me enough to die for me while I did was still sin against Him (Romans 5:8) Thankful that "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:21
November 2: I am thankful for my godly husband who loves me, prays for me, pastors me, protects me, and plays with me. I am blessed by our marriage and so thankful to be called his wife!
November 3: I am thankful for our two beautiful daughters, Rachel and Rebekah, and for the blessing of being their Mommy (or Maaa in the case of Rebekah). I pray that I will always lead them to Jesus and teach them that Jesus loves them most of all. I pray that God will save them at an early age, in His time, that they will walk with Him all the days of each of their lives and the Lord will use each of them for great glory for His Kingdom.
November 4: I am thankful for the blessing of our church, Faith Mountain Baptist Church, and the opportunity to serve there that we began a year ago today. I thank God for His call in bringing us here and thank Him for the blessing of serving with His people here.
November 5: I am thankful for the opportunity to defend life as God views it, valuable from conception throughout life to natural death. I am thankful for my husband's willingness to share this view with the community around us even at cost to himself.
November 6: I am thankful for the opportunity to live in a nation where I can vote freely. I am thankful to have the opportunity to have a role in electing the leaders of our country. I am thankful that God is ultimately in control overall.
November 7: I am thankful that Jesus has promised to "never leave us or forsake us" and that in times of uncertainty HE is always faithful. Thankful for His promises and the peace (Phil 4:6-7) that He gives us!
November 8: I am thankful for my awesome husband on his birthday and all the birthdays I have gotten to celebrate with him so far and looking forward to, Lord willing, all the years He will give us together. Thankful also for our church family that allowed us to be able to go on a DATE for his birthday!
November 9: I am thankful for our WOL ministry and its leaders. It has been a blessing to my girls already through Gopher Buddies. I am thankful for events like WOL Superbowl that give students who are believers the opportunity to have fun and bring their friends who may not know Jesus to hear the Gospel.
November 10: I am thankful for the opportunity to attend a new Bible study with other women who are believers.
November 11: I am thankful for our veterans and all they do to protect my family and our country.
November 12: I am thankful for our families in North Carolina. Though we live farther now, I am thankful for technology so we can keep in touch and all the chances we do have to get together and visit. Love you all!
November 13: I am thankful for the 117 Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes our church packed and prayed over this past Sunday to send out to the nations that children may have the opportunity to hear about Jesus.
November 14: I am thankful for the chance to be at home with my girls as much as I am. Though we do need me to work a bit, for the most part I am able to be at home with them. I realize fully what a blessing it is to be with them at this time!
November 15: I am thankful for the Lord's provision of our home here and I am so grateful for all He worked out to provide it for us!
November 16: I am thankful for the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place and have a husband who can capture the creation God has made so well and that our family has the opportunity to hike and spend time together seeing these things.
November 17: I am thankful for the opportunity for our family to spend a day together at home!
November 18: I am thankful for the opportunity to watch Rebekah as she is learning to walk and how she will toddle to Rachel and put her arms around her to give her a hug and to hear Rachel lean down and say "I love you Bekster!"
November 19: I am thankful for my mom and all she has done and continues to do for me. Happy Birthday, Mom!
November 20: I am thankful for the chance to gather with our church family today and share all that we are thankful for this year.
November 21: I am thankful for the blessing of two healthy girls and that even when may girls don't feel well, it usually is very short lived. I am thankful for the Lord's protection over my girls.
November 22: I am thankful for the opportunity to spend the day with Brent's family celebrating Thanksgiving today. I am also thankful for the chance to spend time with Brent's grandparents and that his granddad is able to be at home this Thanksgiving. Last Thanksgiving, he was still in rehabilitation after being in the hospital and so, we are so glad he is home this year.
November 23: Thankful to to be able to spend the day with my family celebrating Thanksgiving. Thankful for time with my sister Christmas shopping and laughing together. Thankful for my family being willing to keep the girls so Brent and I could go on a date (!) to the movies.
November 24: Thankful for the chance to visit with my dad and family and thankful for safe travels back home today!
November 25: I am thankful for the godly Sunday School teachers at our church, especially those who teach my girls more about Jesus.
November 26: I am thankful for Jesus being with me in all situations and for His faithfulness.
November 27: I am thankful for good books, eyes to see, and being able to read.
November 28: I am thankful for the chance to make new friends here.
November 29: I am thankful for our state convention of churches and the opportunity to eat a meal with other ministry families.
November 30: I am thankful for the opportunity to go cut our Christmas tree as a family and looking forward to preparing our hearts and home to celebrate the season of our Savior's birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment